Carrousel Consultants - Workshops
Participants from all over the United States have learned carrousel painting techniques from Carrousel Consultants. The techniques taught at our Paint the Ponies workshops are based upon those of the early carrousel manufacturers including Looff, Illions, Dentzel, Muller and Herschell.
This c. 1917 C.W. Parker Flag Horse
was painted by the owner at a private
workshop in 2004.
Participants are given hands-on instruction on painting horses and other antique animals as well as on painting new carvings. Quite often, the artists are able to enjoy watching and riding their work on operating machines.
Workshops can also be tailored to restore and paint carvings for private collections.
Instruction is also available for the maintenance of the painted animals on operating machines.
The Paint the Ponies workshop manual is also available for those artists who are unable to attend a workshop, providing a Helpline of communication to aid them in their project.
Carrousel workshops provided in the past include:
- A Carousel for Missoula, Missoula, MT
- 1909 Looff Carrousel, Spokane, WA
- Columbia Gardens Carousel, Butte, MT
- Ferry County Merry Go Round, Republic, WA
- Point Defiance Zoo Endangered Species Carousel
- Painting Ponies in the Pines, Flathead Lake, MT
- Fort Edmonton Historical Village Carousel, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada